Level 3 Advanced Business and Administration Apprentice at Quantock Vale Surgery Quantock Vale Surgery
We are a friendly rural practice with 3 GP Partners and 5,800 patients looking to recruit an enthusiastic and motivated Apprentice Receptionist/Administrator. The successful candidate will cover both surgery administration duties and front of house reception.
Closing date: 22 Aug 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 32
Possible start date
01 Sep 2022
19 Jul 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
The successful candidate will have excellent customer service skills, be able to prioritise, perform well under pressure and be comfortable with using computer systems.
Main duties of the job will include:
- Processing all documents coming into the surgery
- Processing repeat prescription requests
- Operating the internal messaging systems
- Meeting, greeting and checking-in patients arriving for appointments
- Updating the patient computer record with administrative details of patients e.g. Change of Address
- Processing requests for information from Doctors, Practice Nurses and Practice Manager
- Making appointments through the computer-based appointments system
- Dealing with requests and queries raised by patients visiting the practice
- Answering the telephone in a timely and appropriate manner
- Contacting patients by telephone as required
- Various housekeeping duties including assisting with deliveries, collections and keeping the reception area tidy
- Other ad hoc tasks required to support the effective and efficient day-to-day running of the practice
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Level 3 Business Administrator Standard
- Functional Skills Level 2 in English and Maths if required
- End Point Assessment: Knowledge Test; Professional Discussion; Presentation/Q&A
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
There is the potential to progress within the structure of the surgery and opportunity to explore wider NHS roles.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
SOMERSET SKILLS & LEARNING CIC
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.