Bookkeeper/Accounts Assistant Apprentice ALEXANDER ROSSE LIMITED
The bookkeeper records financial transactions and ensures financial records and statements are accurate and up to date, while also completing other tasks such as monthly reconciliations, VAT returns, confirmation statements and year end accounts. The work involves using specialised software, including accounting programs and spreadsheets.
Closing date: 18 Aug 2022
Gain real work experience, Employer pension contribution; Support for training and development; Paid day release studying for AAT exams; Discretionary annual bonus.
Total hours per week: 40.0
Possible start date
19 Aug 2022
18 Jul 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
· Maintain a record of the financial transactions within the accounting software - Xero.
· Balance and maintain accurate ledgers and support clients to do so by advising in this respect.
· Adding disbursements and recharges to the accounts.
· Making sure that any prepayments and accruals are correctly accounted for.
· Keep a log of the time spent on client bookkeeping and plan the tasks ahead.
· Adding payroll reports to Xero, and accurately reconciling it with salary and PAYE payments made.
· Reconciling the bank feed in Xero, or other software.
· Creating and reconciling purchase and sales invoices.
· Reconciling general ledger account using credit and debits.
· Completing bank reconciliation and identifying reconciling items on a regular and timely basis.
· Understanding how to comply with reporting requirements in line with statutory requirements.
· Answer the client or prospective client phone calls and helping them with their queries.
· Contacting clients to request information, or to explain complex topics in simple terms.
· Ensure to get back to clients within four hours of their initial communication.
· Complete VAT returns and reconcile the VAT accounts.
· Prepare payment files for vendors, and if needed make payments on their behalf.
· Undertake additional responsibility as and when required.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- AAT Level 3
- This apprenticeship will last for 18 months
- 15 months of learning and the final 3 months will be End Point Assessment
- There will be exams throughout this apprenticeship, and you will create a portfolio of evidence to showcase your knowledge, skills and behaviours.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Progression into permanent role for the right candidate
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4-8/A-C) Essential
About the employer
BABINGTON BUSINESS COLLEGE LIMITED
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.