The company have an exciting opportunity for those who are seeking an apprenticeship within an Estate Agents.
Closing date: 18 Aug 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
20 Aug 2022
18 Jul 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
• Booking appointments / Diary Management
• Making outbound calls and taking inbound calls, dealing with enquiries efficiently
• Dealing with repair enquiries
• To deal with tenants/landlords’ enquiries for repairs, maintenance etc. as swiftly and professionally as possible
• Building new business relationships with new landlords
• Completing all relevant administrative work (license application and taking a holding deposit)
• Property inventory
• Assisting Senior Property Manager
• Booking in midterm inspections
• Working closely with the sales and lettings team to generate new business
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Full on-the-job training and support will be provided to enable the successful applicant to undertake the full range of duties required of the role. All apprentices are required to complete and evidence 20% of the job learning whilst on their apprenticeship. In addition, the apprenticeship will be delivered primarily on our online platform, Babington Online and you will receive full support from our dedicated team of Training Advisors via workshops, webinars and regularly scheduled reviews, conducted by Skype and/or Phone.
Our Housing and Property Management Assistant Level 2 Programme consists of the following:
- Housing and Property Management Assistant Level 2 Standard
- Functional Skills in Literacy and Numeracy Level 2
- End-point Assessment conducted by an external provider (Presentation or project, interview and knowledge test)
The end-point assessment is designed to enable apprentices to demonstrate that they are fully conversant in the skills knowledge and behaviours expected of individuals at this level. It is designed to provide assessors with a holistic view of the apprentice, and to allow them to assess to what extent the apprentice meets or exceeds the apprenticeship standard.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Opportunity for a full time position on completion of apprenticeship
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
About the employer
LV GROUP LIMITED
BABINGTON BUSINESS COLLEGE LIMITED
Housing and property management assistant
Level 2 (GCSE)