Range Assistant and Customer Service Apprentice ONTARGET RANGE LIMITED
An exciting opportunity to work with a small, knowledgeable and passionate team in a unique local business. OnTarget are looking to recruit an enthusiastic and proactive individual who is keen to start their career in the leisure and retail industry.
Closing date: 26 Aug 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 36
Possible start date
05 Sep 2022
15 Jul 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Main tasks will include:
- General front of house duties such as:
- Meeting and greeting customers
- Assisting customers with enquiries and bookings face to face, over the telephone or via the web using the online booking system (full training will be provide)
- Adhere to Health, Safety and Security policies and procedures at all times
- Maintenance of guns (gun smithing training provided)
- Testing of latest guns (air & live fire) – (full training will be provided)
- Instructing and briefing to customers using the range
- Working in a dynamic work environment between the range, cafe and the shop
- Sales of shooting equipment/ accessories (including assisting gun sales)
- Booking in stock delivers and restocking displays
- Ensuring the shop, range and café are always kept clean and presentable
- Assisting with website and social media content to promote OnTarget Range
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Level 2 Apprenticeship Customer Service Practitioner
- Functional Skills (if applicable)
- Full in-house and ongoing support
Mandatory attendance at college one day a month at the Booth Lane Campus.
Potential training opportunities:
- National accredited rifle association courses
- NSRA Range Conducting Officer Certificate
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Potential for a full-time position once the apprenticeship is complete
- Opportunity to progress in a fast-paced growing business in Northampton
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 3/D) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
Customer service practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)