Tony Gee & Partners LLP are looking to recruit an Apprentice BIM Technician for their Manchester office. This is great opportunity for someone looking to start a career in civil engineering!
Closing date: 15 Aug 2022
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
05 Sep 2022
18 Jul 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Working as a technician within one or more of the company’s design teams involved in delivering projects across a variety of construction sectors.
Key elements of the role include:
- Production of CAD drawings
- Preparation of calculations
- Supporting the administration of projects
- Ensuring outputs meet the required standards
- Meeting agreed deadlines
- Maintaining drawing register
- Working as a member of a team
- Contributing to providing solutions to problems
- Working both in an office environment and on site
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Level 3 Civil Engineering Technician Standard
- Portfolio of competence-based evidence to meet the Knowledge, Skills & Behaviours criteria as outlined in the Standard
- BTEC Level 3 National Diploma in Civil Engineering to be studied at Salford College on a day release basis over 2 years
- End Point Assessment
- Level 2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
This apprenticeship role will enable the successful candidate to work within the field of civil, structural and geotechnical engineering design. A great start in the industry, it will open doorways to further study – perhaps a HNC and engineering degree. Upon successful completion of the 3 year apprenticeship, a professional qualification with the Institution of Civil Engineers awaits (TMICE). You will be receiving on-the-job training at the sharp end of engineering.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade B/6) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
SALFORD AND TRAFFORD ENGINEERING GROUP TRAINING ASSOCIATION LIMITED
Civil engineering technician
Level 3 (A level)