Factory & Goods In Assistant Apprenticeship A J B WOODWORKING LTD
This role is a great opportunity to understand manufacturing of Timber Windows and Door sets and Door Frames and the processes involved in each department. A fantastic opportunity to understand good in procedures, stock control and accountability and general understanding of warehouse work.
Closing date: 30 Mar 2023
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
01 Apr 2023
22 Jul 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Position Overview: -
As an expanding and innovative manufacturing company of Timber Windows, Door sets and Door Frames, we are currently seeking to expand our factory & goods in department. The successful applicant will perform multifunctional roles within the factory and assist with goods coming in deliveries. The applicant will get an opportunity to decide which department to work in after completing the lean manufacturing course. Meeting department objectives, whilst ensuring company policies and procedures are met.
Essential Job Functions
- Assisting the departments with simple manufacturing processes if required, working alongside skilled workers.
- Assisting department with manual labour if required.
- Assist the goods in department with the following: -
- Receive/ sign for deliveries.
- Retrieve PO from office team.
- Deliver goods to correct department.
- Assist in putting the delivery away.
- Ensure department is kept clean and tidy
- Liaising/maintaining effective links with department staff and Coordinators
- Ensure performance/quality is kept to a high standard
- Ensure work flow within department is maintained
- Meeting department deadlines
- Complying to department SOP’s
- Tool kits are used and stored correctly
- All machinery is used correctly
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Full in house training to be provided towards the Level 2 Supply Chain Warehouse Operative.
Apprentices without Level 1 English and maths will need to achieve this level and take the test for Level 2 English and maths prior to taking the end-point assessment.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
On successful completion of the Apprenticeship the Apprentice may have the oppertunity to progress onto a higher level qualification/go into a more senior role.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4) Desired
About the employer
Supply chain warehouse operative
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.