Start your career in this well established and well regarded nursery based in the historic area of Saltaire. Gain experience working in different rooms looking after children aged 3 months to five years.
Closing date: 22 Aug 2022
Total hours per week: 37.0
Possible start date
05 Sep 2022
15 Jul 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
To support all staff, build relationships with children and promote a high standard of childcare at all times
- Provide all aspects of care including washing, changing and feeding
- Maintain records
- Help meet the personal and emotional needs of children
- Adhere to policies and procedures
- Demonstrate a welcoming approach to parents and visitors
- Maintain a high standard of hygiene in the workplace including laundry
- Ensure that confidentiality, and safeguarding is maintained at all times
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Early Years Practitioner L2 by day release to Shipley College.
Currently delivered by live online lessons with the tutor with apprentices returning to the classroom when safe to do so.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
The employer may offer a permanent position if one is available on completion.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4+, A-C or L2) Desired
NVQ or SVQ Level 2 or equivalent Childcare (Grade pass) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
Early years practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)