Early Years Educator Apprentice Colley Lane Primary School
This is a fantastic career opportunity for a committed and energetic individual with high standards and expectations to join a nurturing staff team and a forward thinking Trust. Our children are fantastic and are at the heart of everything we do. We are looking for enthusiasm and motivation to ensure that all children reach their potential.
Closing date: 31 Aug 2022
This role is term time only and therefore the salary will be pro-rata to reflect this
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 32.5
Possible start date
01 Sep 2022
15 Jul 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Contribute to planning, carry out and supervise child initiated and adult led activities which are based around the needs and interests of each individual child
- Provide play activities which encourage and promote children's numeracy, literacy and language development
- Has key person responsibility to lead a group on a daily basis following class teacher planning and to help ensure each child feels safe, secure and valued
- Interact with and observe each child and shapes their learning experience to reflect their observations
- Meets the care needs of the individual child such as handwashing, toileting and changing nappies with respect and compassion
- Works in partnership with other colleagues, parents and/or carers or other professionals to meet the individual needs of the child
- Carries out observations and use these effectively to understand the changing needs of their individual key children and plan for the interests in line with the Early Years Foundation Stage
- Ensure the welfare, well-being and safety of children is being promoted and report safeguarding issues and concerns to the person in charge
- Take an active role in seeking our continuous professional development opportunities during the apprenticeship programme and beyond
- Take an active part in the completion of the apprenticeship, meeting deadlines set by their assessor and working with their mentor to develop their knowledge, skills and behaviours
- Work in a non-discriminatory way to ensure all children have equal access to opportunities
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
What does the qualification cover?
The Level 3 Diploma for the Early Years Workforce (Early Years Educator) prepares learners to become Early Years Educators, enabling them to work with children from birth to 5 years and gain knowledge of children aged 5 to 7 years.
Apprentices must successfully complete a first aid qualification in line with the requirements of the EYFS Framework.
Functional skills in English and maths if required.
Upon achievement of this qualification it is intended that learners will be able to enter the workforce as Early Years Educators.
We have structured the units around three themes:
Theme 1: Health and well-being
Theme 2: Legislation, frameworks and professional practice
Theme 3: Play, development and learning for school readiness
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
You will be able to work as an Early Years Educator
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade Grade 4/C and above or Level 2) Essential
About the employer
Colley Lane Primary School
LET ME PLAY LIMITED
Early years educator
Level 3 (A level)