Apprentice Information Communications Technician Northgate High School
You will have the opportunity to be trained and supported by experienced staff in the set up and maintenance of IT, installing software and hardware and the provision of technical support. You will be trained to help with the IT Helpdesk. We are looking for dedicated staff to promote and uphold the values of the school and to act as a role model.
Closing date: 29 Aug 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37
Possible start date
01 Sep 2022
21 Jul 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
An Information Communications Technician provides varied support to customers, including:
- Setting people up on systems.
- Configuring and despatching hardware to users.
- Providing support when needed and rectifying issues to maintain the organisation's productivity.
The role also includes:
- Answering the telephone.
- Assisting users with common issues relating to hardware, software, web applications and connectivity.
You will also learn to use a large variety of tools to resolve IT issues, including:
- Password resets.
- Restoring lost files.
- Setting up new user accounts.
- A countless variety of complex and intriguing problems that require a keen, enquiring and logical mind to troubleshoot.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
For the full apprenticeship, candidates will complete:
- Level 3 Apprenticeship Standard in Information Communication Technician.
- Functional Skills in English at Level 2.
- Functional Skills in Maths at Level 2.
Apprentices will be expected to attend their college sessions once per week. Sessions will be held at the Ipswich Road campus near Norwich city centre.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
A permanent position may be available for the right candidate following successful completion of the apprenticeship. The business is looking for somebody who wants to develop and gain a full-time position following their apprenticeship.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
CITY COLLEGE NORWICH
City College Norwich
Information communications technician
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.