Dental Nursing Apprentice Level 3 HEATON DENTAL CARE LIMITED
Heaton Dental Care are looking to take on a confident individual to become part of their hard-working team in Bradford. If you have got a passion and enthusiasm for Dental Nursing, this could be the position for you!
Closing date: 26 Aug 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 38
Possible start date
03 Oct 2022
15 Jul 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Heaton Dental Care aim to provide excellent dental health care in a friendly and sympathetic environment. They are passionate about what they do and to deliver this care with first class, five-star service!
Some of the jobs listed below will be part of your day to day activity:
- Provide chair-side assistance, ensuring that the correct equipment is available
- To communicate effectively with clinicians to provide high quality, patient focused care
- To provide and receive patient information which is complex and sensitive ensuring patient confidentiality is not compromised
- To work on reception and provide a high level of customer service to customers
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
This course is delivered using a blended delivery model, an apprentice will spend 2 days per month at Bradford College undertaking classroom based learning in addition to regular workplace assessments.
Upon successful completion of this apprenticeship, the apprentice will be awarded the following:
• Level 3 Extended Diploma in Dental Nursing
• Functional Skills in Maths and English Level 2 (if applicable)
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
There are a range of post registration courses available for dental nurses looking to further their education. They may include a range of higher education qualifications or other work-related education and training to support continuing profession development such as Certificate in Dental Sedation Nursing, Certificate in Oral Health Education etc.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 9 - 4 (A* - C)) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
Dental nurse (integrated)
Level 3 (A level)