The successful candidate will be mentored throughout the apprenticeship and will be offered continuous professional development following the completion of the apprenticeship.
Closing date: 30 Aug 2022
May increase depending on age.
Total hours per week: 35.0
Possible start date
06 Sep 2022
15 Jul 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Product assembly, building and testing of products within the Calmag product range to ensure that these are built to our high specifications.
- Stock control of both finished and component stock.
- Plan work and production tasks fulfil stock quantities in line with stock levels required for customer order requirements.
- Ordering stock components, storing and maintain levels to ensure continuity of supply including searching for new or alternative.
- Maintain equipment used and arrange and/or report any external maintenance or replacements where required.
- Production, fabrication and assembly of products within the commercial range of products which are sold into the plumbing and heating industry for use in commercial buildings.
- Comply with all health and safety regulations, taking responsibility for own safety at work and that of colleagues including keeping work areas clean and tidy.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
We will support and coach the apprentice through the apprenticeship standard. We will carry out both curriculum and pastoral care. We will carry out the skills development workshop days off site. We will oversee the teaching and learning around the knowledge, behaviours and skills elements of the qualifications, outlined below. We will manage the apprentice’s OneFile account ensuring targets, milestones and deadlines are achieved.
Mode of delivery:
To attend Keighley College on a day release basis over the first 42 months alongside observations and assessments carried out in the work place. An assessor will visit the place of work every 6-8 weeks.
Supporting Qualifications to be achieved throughout the apprenticeship.
EAL Level 3 NVQ Extended Diploma in Mechanical Manufacturing Engineering
Pathway: MMD Fitting and Assembly
Mandatory Qualifications to be achieved throughout the apprenticeship.
EAL Level 3 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing and Engineering (Development Knowledge)
Functional Skills (If required)
Maths, English at level 2 - On line resources – workbooks. Attending weekly workshops
There will be a mandatory three-part holistic end-point assessment starting no earlier than three months before the planned end of programme.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Potential full-time job upon completion of the apprenticeship.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4/C) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Engineering/manufacturing (Grade 4/C) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
LUMINATE EDUCATION GROUP
Level 3 (A level)