Level 3 Nursery Assistant Apprenticeship ALPHA DAY NURSERY (UK) LTD
We are recruiting at the moment and we are looking for an apprentice that will join our vibrant team. We offer on-the-job coaching and will support the newly recruited staff member to settle in quickly.
Closing date: 14 Oct 2022
Total hours per week: 40
Possible start date
15 Oct 2022
09 Aug 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
JOB DESCRIPTION – EARLY YEARS PRACTITIONER
Purpose of Post
- To provide a high standard of physical, emotional, social and intellectual care for children placed in the nursery, with regard to the nursery’s daily routine.
- To give support to other personnel in the nursery.
- To develop and monitor children’s progress in line with the EYFS framework.
·Work with children/Team members/Liaise with parents and other professionals.
Responsible to: Nursery Manager/Senior staff in charge
Duties and Responsibilities
· To be involved in the team planning of appropriate activities suitable to the age of children ensuring that the children’s developmental needs are met.
· To contribute to the creation of an environment that provides for the well-being of all the children attending the nursery.
· To contribute to the observation and assessment of the children’s developmental stages, recording this accordingly in line with the EYFS framework/key person duty.
· Work in partnership with the parents/carers to encourage open communication and involvement within the nursery setting.
· To be aware of, and take responsibility for, all aspects of health, safety and security in relation to the children attending the nursery.
· To be a good role model to children.
· To work flexibly as part of the larger nursery team, assisting and supporting colleagues wherever required to ensure the nursery's smooth running.
· To be aware of the high profile of the company and to uphold its standards at all times.
· To attend out-of-hours activities, including training, staff meetings, parents' evenings and special events/team building exercises.
· To abide by the nursery’s confidentiality, and equal opportunities/anti-bias policies at all times.
· To respect and value all colleagues, children and parents, encouraging a positive and diverse working environment.
· To assist in the development and support of other members of staff to the benefit of the nursery as a whole.
· To undertake any aspects of nursery work as the need arises.
· Recording accidents and incidents accordingly, ensuring the manager has initialed the record before the parent receives it. This job description is intended to give you an indication of the main duties but is not meant to be an exhaustive list.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Training Provider: BROMLEY COLLEGE OF FURTHER AND HIGHER EDUCATION
On programme Training:
o Level 3 Early Years Educator Apprenticeship Standard
o Level 3 Award in Paediatric First Aid (RQF)
o Care Certificate
o Level 2 Functional Skills in English and Maths
End point assessment
o Summative portfolio
o Synoptic project
o Employer reference
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Potential to become a permanent member of staff subject to performance, to be discussed at the end of apprenticeship.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Other Food and Hygiene (Grade pass) Desired
Other Safe guarding (Grade Pass) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
LONDON SOUTH EAST COLLEGES
Hima Bindu Challa
Early years educator
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.