Apprentice Personal Trainer DARLINGTON BOXING & MARTIAL ARTS ACADEMY LTD
Darlington Boxing and Martial Arts Academy are looking to hire a combat sports (Boxing/Thai Boxing/BJJ) and fitness coach apprentice to join their team at a well established professional gym in Darlington. The successful candidate will be completing a level 3 in Personal Training.
Closing date: 16 Oct 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 38
Possible start date
17 Oct 2022
15 Jul 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
This is a unique role that encompasses various disciplines, you will be learning a variety of them and will eventually teach classes for different age groups from children up to adults.
Some of the duties are:
- Thai Boxing
- Personal fitness sessions
- Work with clients to reach their desired goals and provide advice when asked
- Motivate everyone
- Prepare the room for the class
- Maintain the equipment
- Make sure every class has the right equipment for the duration
- Follow safety instructions carefully and ensure others follow the same standards
- Correctly demonstrate a wide range of exercise techniques (once trained)
- Analyse clients’ performance and apply suitable adaptations
- You will be expected to carry out other duties as required by the business's needs
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Personal Trainer Level 3 Apprenticeship Standard:
- Health and safety.
- Gym policies and procedures.
- Understanding client requirements and customer service.
- In depth look into services provided and the benefits.
- Functional Skills Maths and English, if required.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- This role is varied and will give great insight into the various combat disciplines.
- The successful candidate will not only gain a Level 3 - Personal Training qualification but can also look forward to starting a career in the Health and Fitness industry.
- There is scope to progress onto a higher level apprenticeship which can be discussed during reviews.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade A*-C/9-4) Desired
Other First aid training (Grade Pass) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
THE EDUCATION TRAINING COLLECTIVE
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.