IT Network Technician Apprentice CLASS TECHNOLOGY SOLUTIONS LTD
• Maintain ICT network by identifying system requirements; installing upgrades; monitoring system performance • Promote the School’s use of Technologies as leading edge as directed by the ICT Strategy Manager • Support with e-Safety across all School Stakeholders. • Provide technical support for whole School use
Closing date: 21 Aug 2022
The wage is £12k - £14kp/a
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
22 Aug 2022
15 Jul 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Assist in Maintaining and administering school’s Parent App and Google Suite
- Support Windows 7 desktop environment by working both independently and as part of a team.
- Knowing School network system infrastructure based on evaluation and research.
- Upgrade network devices by liaising with vendors and services, planning and setting up lab environment, testing of PC and other network hardware and software, operating system management and defining system and operational policies and procedures.
- Perform regular security monitoring to identify any possible intrusions.
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware,
- Perform regular file archival and purge as necessary.
- Create, change, and delete user accounts per request and protect School's value by keeping information confidential.
- Research and recommend innovative, and where possible automated approaches for system administration tasks. Identify approaches that leverage our resources and provide economies of scale.
- Cover for other team members
- Undertake appropriate School-wide tasks as agreed or directed
- Provide New Technologies services for the school
- Develop and deliver training programmes for staff on use of New Technologies
- Support staff in adapting and integrating digital learning resources.
- Install, configure, maintain and repair software, hardware and peripherals, and undertake such other tasks as may be required from time to time consistent with the post.
- Assist in the recording of New Technologies related hardware within the school, making sure that all equipment has been security marked, serial numbers logged and to include all software packages, ensuring the School is properly licensed.
- Investigate reported faults, to maintain a record of faults and to
- undertake repairs or operate agreed procedures should third party repair be needed.
- Support in the maintenance of interactive whiteboards and projector filters.
- Perform routine maintenance tasks: e.g. creating images, machine and mouse cleaning, lead checking, updating virus protection and general housekeeping of all systems.
- Analyse hardware and software faults and apply the relevant solution.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
ICT (Information Communications Technician) Level 3 Apprenticeship Standard
- You will also receive full training and support from the Just IT Apprenticeship team to increase your skills
- Your training will include gaining a Level 3 IT qualifications
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Tech and digital professionals in London earn an average salary of £52,500 per year, so this Apprenticeship could be the start of a very promising and profitable career
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade C/4 +) Essential
About the employer
CLASS TECHNOLOGY SOLUTIONS LTD
JUST IT TRAINING LIMITED
Information communications technician
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.