An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Apprentice Dental Nurse to join our friendly team at Russell Street Dental Practice. You will work towards a Level 3 Dental Nurse apprenticeship standard.
Closing date: today
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40
Possible start date
20 Aug 2022
18 Jul 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Preparing and maintaining the dental equipment, instruments and materials within a dental surgery
- Carrying out infection control and decontamination procedures
- Recording dental charting carried out by clinicians
- Preparing, mixing and handling dental materials
- Providing chair-side support to dentists, therapists and hygienists throughout a range of dental procedures
- Providing support and reassurance to patients
- Providing administration support in making appointments, taking payments and dealing with paperwork
An experienced dental nurse will use there knowledge of dentistry to anticipate what is needed during treatment sessions, a skill that is highly valued by the clinician.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
College lessons are delivered by Sandwell College in the workplace and online.
You will be trained in the City and Guilds Level 3 Dental Nurse apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Level 3 Diploma in Dental Nursing
- Emergency first aid in the workplace qualification at Level 3
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
- Completion of this qualification will enable candidates to register with the GDC (General Dental Council) as a qualified dental nurse. The practice also offers in-house training to cover the practical aspect of the job role.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
There are a wide range of opportunities available to enable registered dental nurses to extend their clinical duties and develop their knowledge and skills within particular areas of interest, for example:
- Dental radiography
- Oral health education
- Sedation dental nursing
- Orthodontic dental nursing
- Special care dental nursing
- Oral surgery dental nursing
- Taking dental impressions
- The application of topical fluoride
- Dental nurses may also progress onto university to become a dental hygienist/therapist.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
Russell Street Dental Practice
0121 667 5018
Dental nurse (integrated)
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.