Manufacturing Assembly Operative Apprentice GLENAIR UK LIMITED
We have an exciting opportunity for 3 new apprentices to join our Production Department to become Qualified Assembly Operatives. This new apprenticeship programme will provide the successful candidates with valuable knowledge and experience that could open opportunities to progress within the company.
Closing date: 21 Aug 2022
Total hours per week: 40
Possible start date
05 Sep 2022
18 Jul 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
• To assemble products in accordance with drawing requirements
• To become skilled and confident in core skills and additional skills, Operational Training standards (OTS) for the production and Inspection of products as required in your area
• To take ownership for the quality of the products being produced and to carry out on line inspection as specified
• To be prepared to undergo the appropriate training as identified by the company
• To contribute to the deadlines set by the Production Department, by undertaking tasks specified by the Cell Leaders or Cell Technicians.
• To adopt a flexible working approach to product procedures, techniques and areas of work
• To carry out other duties as required and participate as part of a team with high standards of work
• To attend relevant college courses as required to gain essential knowledge, experience and qualifications to fulfill this role
• To work in various departments around the business as required to gain both knowledge and experience
• To compile written and computer generated work and reports as required
• To undergo assessment of training as required
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Full Level 2 Lean Manufacturing apprenticeship standard, including Functional Skills if required.
This programme includes the Level 2 Diploma in Manufacturing.
This programme is delivered in the place of work with no day release required.
You will work with expert assessors to develop new knowledge, skills and behaviours within the profession.
You will experience a blended learning model using workplace vists, observations, e-learning, assignments/projects.
This programme is delivered in the place of work and you will be assigned to a named training specialist who will work with you for the duration of your apprenticeship.
You will gather learning evidence, journals and off-the-job records using your e-portfolio.
At the end of the planned learning period, it will be agreed that you are ready to enter 'Gateway' and for your End Point Assessment to be arranged.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Upon completion of this apprenticeship, the company are committed to providing further development opportunities within your role. A variety of training methods will be used to enhance and maintain your skills throughout your career.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 3/D) Essential
About the employer
WEST NOTTINGHAMSHIRE COLLEGE
Lean manufacturing operative
Level 2 (GCSE)