Apprentice Administrator (Customs Clearance) DSV Road Ltd
Want to earn whilst you learn? DSV are recruiting for someone to work within the Customs Clearance department. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a company committed to providing quality, innovative value and logistics services. If you would enjoy daily customer interaction, are organised and can multi-task, then we would like to hear from you
Closing date: 28 Aug 2022
Salary: £5.50 per hour for the first 6months, increasing to £6 per hour from 6months to completing of apprenticeship.
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
15 Sep 2022
14 Jul 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Main purpose of the job:
To meet customer requirements for the safe and efficient transport of their cargo effectively and in accordance with company operational procedures and statutory requirements including Health & Safety to the satisfaction of clients and the profit of the company.
- Chasing customers for Power of Attorney in order to complete
- Customs Procedures on Customer behalf
- Support DSV Customs department with missing/incorrect information
- Checking customs invoices to ensure they contain mandatory information
- Sending documents to Customs department
- Basic updating of TMS system pertaining to customs requirements
- Timely and effective communication with Customers, partners and internal departments via email and telephone
- Liaise with operations and overseas offices to ensure customer commitments are delivered upon
- Effective monitoring to ensure deliveries are completed within the agreed timelines
- Pro-active problem solving with customers and colleagues when issues arise
- Ensure consignments are rated correctly in order to invoice in an accurate and timely manner
- Provision of PODs to meet customer requirements where necessary
- Provide KPI and reports both externally and internally where necessary
- Resolve credit management queries where necessary
- General day to day administrative duties
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Level 2 Customer Service Practitioner Apprenticeship Standard, which includes:
- Level 1/2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
Key Training Ltd will deliver this apprenticeship in the workplace. You will have a dedicated assessor who will provide guidance and monitor progress throughout. You will have access to an online portfolio to allow you to monitor your progress and log work completed.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Upon completion of the apprenticeship, successful candidates can expect a role in a successful, dynamic company
You will be a part of a strong team of performance driven colleagues. A competitive salary, great future career prospects for advancement and a professional working environment
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
About the employer
KEY TRAINING LIMITED
Customer service practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.