The Apprentice Operative has overall accountability of daily warehousing operations. Ensures completion of all tasks with a high degree of accuracy to ensure and maintain organisation standards. Ensure compliance with safety, quality, health and environment procedures. Starts available ASAP following the interview process
Closing date: 28 Aug 2022
Salary: £5.50 per hour for the first 6 months, £6 per hour from 6 months to completion of apprenticeship.
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
15 Sep 2022
18 Jul 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Are you looking for an exciting opportunity with a world leading logistics business & to earn whilst you learn? You will receive a salary and receive training and guidance from experienced professionals in the industry whilst completing an industry recognised apprenticeship.
You will be given training and support to enable you to be fully proficient in the below:
- Handle the goods in the vehicles/containers to ensure they are ready for replenishment
- Ensure the quality of housekeeping is maintained at all times, operating in a tidy as you go manner
- Pick and pack products which includes unboxing, labelling, re-boxing, and stacking products on pallets
- Carry out all tasks connected with Goods being returned which includes, unloading vehicles, sorting returns and putting stock away
- Ensure quality and accuracy whilst performing any operation
- Perform quality, audit and other checks on product or storage locations as required
- Maintain stock integrity by ensuring correct stock and system moves
- Perform all other duties as reasonably required that are consistent with both training and experience
- Health and safety - to be fully compliant with all health and safety requirements including warehouse procedures, PPE and housekeeping
- Complete the pre and post use inspections on the workplace transport and report any malfunction or damage to ensure that the workplace transfer is in good working order at all times
Start dates are flexible dependent on candidate availability
Salary: £5.50 per hour for the first 6months, £6 per hour from 6months to completion of apprenticeship.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Level 2 Supply Chain Warehouse Operative apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Level 1/2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
All training will be carried out in your place of work, you will be assigned a dedicated assessor who will support you through your apprenticeship, via remote learning and regular face to face meetings.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Become part of a company that invests in you. If you show the desire to learn and the work ethic to progress, there will always be opportunities within DSV.
Potential opportunities for progress within the team, warehouse operative, team leaders, trainer etc.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
About the employer
REMIT GROUP LIMITED
Supply chain warehouse operative
Level 2 (GCSE)