A fantastic opportunity has arisen with BTL UK to be part of the apprenticeship programme and be trained as a CNC Machinist with ongoing support and scope to progress to higher level apprenticeship. You will learn all aspect of Engineering to excel your skills.
Closing date: 21 Aug 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40
Possible start date
01 Sep 2022
14 Jul 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Plans machining by studying work orders, engineering plans, materials, specifications, orthographic drawings, reference planes, locations of surfaces, and machining parameters; interpreting geometric dimensions and tolerances
- Programs mills and lathes by entering instructions, including zero and reference points; setting tool registers, offsets, calculating requirements, including basic math, geometry, and trigonometry; proving part programs
- Sets-up mills and lathes by installing and adjusting three- and four-jaw chucks, tools, attachments, collets, stops, and stock pushers; indicating vices
- Verifies settings by measuring positions, first-run part, and sample workpieces; adhering to company process and systems
- Maintains specifications by observing drilling, grooving, and cutting, including turning, facing, knurling and thread chasing operations; taking measurements; detecting malfunctions; troubleshooting processes; adjusting and reprogramming controls; sharpening and replacing worn tools; adhering to quality assurance procedures and processes
- Inspection of parts, so you will be familiar with a range in inspection equipment
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Engineering Operative Level 2
- Maths and English Functional Skills Level 2 (if required)
- One day a week at Ashford College
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Possibility of permanent position
- Progression to Maintenance and Operations Engineering Technician Level 3
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4/C) Essential
About the employer
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.