Apprentice Teaching Assistant based at Pennyhill Primary School, West Bromwich Sandwell Metropolitan Borough Council
An apprenticeship with Pennyhill Primary School in West Bromwich, is the perfect way to help you decide what job you may want in the future. This Teaching Assistant opportunity will provide real work experience at the same time as gaining a Level 3 qualification. PREVIOUS APPLICANTS NEED NOT APPLY.
Closing date: today
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.0
Possible start date
26 Sep 2022
15 Jul 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- To support qualified staff with daily routines in Early Years and Key Stages 1 and 2.
- Undertake certain domestic jobs within the setting e.g. cleaning of equipment/setting up of activities.
- To contribute to observations of children’s learning and offer points for planning.
- Encouraging pupils to interact with others and engage in activities led by teachers.
- Planning and organising activities for children and supporting teachers in the completion of assessments and other pupil records.
- To support and promote diversity and equality, working with all age groups.
- To understand and observe the rules of confidentiality.
- To learn the skills of a Teaching Assistant, working practically as part of the team.
- Understand the importance of keeping everyone safe and the part you play.
- To ensure the provision of a high-quality environment to meet the needs of individual children.
- Demonstrate a proactive approach using your initiative and taking responsibility for getting things done.
- To learn, understand and implement the policies and procedures within the school.
- To gain a good understanding of child development and how this is important when caring for children.
- Ensure you work as part of a team towards a common goal to share ideas and feedback.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
At the end you will gain a Level 3 Teaching Assistant qualification. This will include any Functional Skills as appropriate. The apprenticeship training will be delivered in the workplace, as you will receive visits from a college assessor. The apprenticeship will also include a proportion of 20% Off The Job Training and a robust programme of Apprentice Training to include Workplace Professionalism and Equality & Diversity.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
This apprenticeship is a fixed term 21 month contract. However, the skills, knowledge and experience gained in this apprenticeship will allow you to gain future opportunities in the sector.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade C / 4 or above) Essential
Other Literacy Functional Skills (Grade Level 2) Essential
Other Numeracy Functional Skills (Grade Level 2) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.