Apprentice Engineering and Fabrication Technician (Craft) DAVICON MEZZANINE FLOORS LTD
Excellent opportunity to work toward gaining an engineering qualification whilst working with a fantastic Engineering company based in Brierley Hill
Closing date: 25 Aug 2022
£10,004.80 to £19,760.00
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).Minimum Wage Rates
Total hours per week: 40
Possible start date
05 Sep 2022
18 Jul 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Roles and Responsibilities;
- Fabrication engineering Apprentices cut, shape, join and finish metal to make metal products and structures. They may apply coatings and work with a variety of materials.
- Examine detailed drawings or specifications to find out job, material and equipment requirements
- Set up and/or operate hand and machine tools, welding equipment or computer numerically controlled (CNC) machines
- Assemble parts and structures by lining up and joining them by welding or bolting.
- Finish products by cleaning, polishing or filing or by applying protective or decorative coatings.
- Responsibility for daily maintenance.
- Responsibility for checking and ensuring safety machine guards are in place and free from defects.
- Prioritise own daily workload.
- Decide on quality of materials delivered from suppliers.
- Replenishing of stock and tooling.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Level 3 Metal Fabricator Standard
Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Development Knowledge)
Extended Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Development Knowledge)
End Point Assessment
Functional Skills may be required to work towards Level 2
Required to attend college for day release.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Within our workshop there are a number of opportunities and jobs that we aim to fulfil, by training and progressing our staff, these include:
CNC Processing Machine Operation, Slinging & lifting Training, Utilizing the manual processing equipment, Steel cutting Saws, Radial Drills, Power Presses, etc. Fabrication, Welding, Flame cutting, Product Finishing (Paint Spraying), Fork Lift Truck, Stock Storeman, Loading & Dispatch.
Apprentices will be given training in all departments and we seek to find a role that the individual has an aptitude for, so that they fit into a job that suits them and is beneficial to the company.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 5) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Science (Grade 5) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
DAVICON MEZZANINE FLOORS LTD
DUDLEY COLLEGE OF TECHNOLOGY
Level 3 (A level)