Epic Partners are looking an Apprentice to support and lead, in the delivery of enjoyable, progressive, and safe programmes of activities, in adherence with Epic Partners requirements, helping to maximise the positive impact of each session’s delivery and its projected outcomes. Support in the development of young people into the role of mentors.
Closing date: 19 Aug 2022
Holiday Entitlement - 28 days
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 25.0
Possible start date
22 Aug 2022
14 Jul 2022
Level 4 (Higher national Certificate)
What will the apprentice be doing?
· Influence key stakeholders in the sporting context through own coaching philosophy and professional practice
· Enhance coaching competencies and inter-intra-personal skills through continued professional development and self-awareness skills training
· Develop transformational coaching strategies and tactics that consider sector, sport, organisation and participants unique needs
· Comply with legal, ethical, effective and efficient coaching systems that align to the organisational vision strategies, policies and processes
· Promote the value of the coaching team considering workforce structures and scopes including support staff, coaches, coaching assistants, and volunteers
· Facilitate the development of the coaching team through due diligence, inductions, development and performance monitoring
· Deliver effective coaching services through industry support networks and a collaborative, cohesive and competent coaching team
· Design high quality curriculum that considers participants’ unique profiles, promotes ownership and informs micro, meso and macro plans as relevant to the sporting context
· Design and deliver progressive programmes and select coaching pedagogies that maximise engagement, whole child/person development and accelerates sustainable skill acquisition
· Deliver safe and effective coaching support to participants in practice, at events or competitions and influences learning and skill transfer across situations
· Embrace each participants uniqueness, their rights and advocates fairness, equality and diversity within the coaching environment
· Promote holistic wellbeing to control/contain stressors experienced by participants in their own context and environment
· Facilitate participant development by applying learning theory and skill acquisition techniques relevant to participants needs, sport specific demands and context
· Facilitate participant development and skill acquisition through positive learning environments and behaviour management strategies
· Facilitate participant development and skill acquisition through technological advancements and wider industry support mechanisms
· Measure the impact of the coaching strategies though analysis of participant, coach, coaching team and organisational perception and performance data
Carry out any other reasonable duties within the overall function, commensurate with the level of responsibility of the post.
DEVELOPMENT & TRAINING: To respond positively to new and alternative systems, undertaking training and development activities as identified. HEALTH & SAFETY: To comply with relevant health & safety legislation, policies and procedures in the performance of the duties and responsibilities of the post.
EQUALITY & DIVERSITY: To support, promote & comply with the Company’s Equality & Diversity policies in the performance of the duties and responsibilities of the post.
CONFIDENTIALITY & DATA PROTECTION: The Company requires all staff to maintain a high standard of confidentiality, and any disclosure of information outside the proper and recognised course of duty will be treated as a serious disciplinary offence. All staff are also subject to the Data Protection Act.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Sport Coach Level 4 Standard
Functional Skills level 2 if required
Please click on the link above for more information regarding End Point Assessment.
Day release delivered once a week at our Basford site
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Potential opportunity for a permanent role within the company following successful completion of the apprenticeship.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
BTEC or equivalent Sports (Grade A*-C/ 9-4) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
Level 4 (Higher national Certificate)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.