We have a fantastic opportunity for an individual to join an experienced and friendly team looking after children from birth to 5 years within our supportive nursery setting.
Closing date: 14 Oct 2022
Total hours per week: 30
Possible start date
29 Oct 2022
18 Jul 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
1. To contribute to the creation of a safe, welcoming and inclusive environment for all children and learn how to do this
2. To carry out the policies, procedures and ethos of the setting, to promote positive values and attitudes, ensuring these are being carried out throughout the setting.
3. To demonstrate and then ensure that they are responsible for the needs of all children in their designated room, following systems to ensure consistent, high-quality care.
4. To be vigilant and protect children from harm or abuse, reporting any concerns immediately – in accordance with safeguarding or whistle blowing policies.
5. To learn and then ensure that they can use resources effectively, maintaining ratios in their room.
6. To learn how to reflect on their practice and routines, tailoring them to meet the individual needs of each child throughout the day for their key children.
7. To learn how to plan and ensure that there is a provision of a stimulating range of developmentally appropriate activities and ensuring their room is well-resourced and creatively set-up.
8. To learn how to and then carry out observations and the assessment of children’s learning and development, ensuring records are kept up-to-date, are of a high standard and are shared effectively – includes Individual Education Plans for children with Special Educational Needs.
9. To develop genuine bonds with their key children and support their team’s key person system responsibilities, when this skill has been learnt.
10. To work in partnership with all parents/carer’s, building and maintaining relationships that encourage trust, open communication and involvement in nursery life whist remaining professional at all times and maintaining confidentiality. Having a mentor to show them what this looks like in practice before they are left to do this on a one to one with families and children.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Early Years Educator Level 3:
- In house training by Early Years Tutors. (Blended weekly remote delivery)
- On-the-job training
- Off-the-job training
- Functional skills if necessary (preferred candidate would already have Maths and English Level 2/ GCSE Grade 4 or higher)
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
· To secure a permanent position within the setting.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4/C or above) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
THE SMB GROUP
Early years educator
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.