Mentfield Logistics UK Ltd are now recruiting for an International Freight Forwarding Apprentice to join the team. The successful candidate will be hard working, value the importance of teamwork, communication & great customer service. This is an amazing opportunity to kick start your Freight Forwarding career & earn a recognised qualification.
Closing date: 23 Aug 2022
After 12 months wage increase to £16,000.
Total hours per week: 40
Possible start date
29 Aug 2022
15 Jul 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
You will be working within a small but busy office, reporting directly to the Branch Manager and your duties will include:
- An introduction to freight exports and imports both air and ocean.
- To arrange and manage collections, delivery bookings on behalf of clients.
- To keep clients and suppliers updated on progress of shipments.
- To learn and manage customs clearance and customs formalities for both import and export shipments.
- To learn document processing.
- To learn and understand incoterms within the Freight Forwarding sector.
- Work closely with clients, colleagues and third parties to ensure deadlines are met.
- Learn and maintain a good knowledge of relevant international legislation and other factors that could affect the movement of freight.
- To ensure a high level of customer service is given at all times.
- You will learn about either consolidation building, perishables or pharmaceuticals.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Level 3 International Freight Forwarding Specialist apprenticeship standard.
The apprenticeship programme design will be built around the standard and individual apprentice and employer needs. This will consist of:
- A fully embedded induction programme delivered by the employer and Seetec Outsource Training and skills.
- An initial assessment of your skills, knowledge and behaviours in order to develop and enhance your career and personal progression.
- In line with the with functional skills requirements set by the standard, (where applicable), we will analyse and continuously develop English and Mathematics.
- On the job training delivered by the employer.
- Individual learning plan - this will be used as part of a professional discussion during your reflective progress review meeting and track the 20% off the job training progress.
- A journey of learning activities over the length of the apprenticeship programme.
- Access to on-line learning and an e-portfolio where you will be able to gather evidence to demonstrate your performance ensuring your apprenticeship - this evidence can be used to towards your end point assessment.
- Allocation of an apprenticeship delivery coach who will carry out:
- Regular training.
- Assessment and support visits to ensure you acquire new learning, knowledge skills and behaviours in order to progress and develop.
- Identify, track and support 20% off the job training activities.
- Quarterly formal progress review meetings; identifying learning achievements and next steps.
- End point assessment - this takes place at the end of the apprenticeship to ensure you have developed the skills, knowledge and behaviours needed for the job role. This may consist of at least 3-4 of the below activities:
- Professional discussion.
- Portfolio of evidence, apprentice showcase.
- Research project.
- Multi-choice knowledge test.
- Work based project.
- Competency based interview.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
For the right candidate, based on your development and performance during the apprenticeship, the aim is that Apprentices move into a permanent position within the business & become a valued member of the team.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
SEETEC BUSINESS TECHNOLOGY CENTRE LIMITED
Seetec Outsource Training and Skills
International freight forwarding specialist
Level 3 (A level)