Are you looking to start your career as a motor mechanic? If so, DCS Servicing Limited based in Chesterfield have a fantastic opportunity for an Apprentice to join their team. The Apprentice must be hard working and willing to learning new skills, in exchange the Apprentice will learn a wide range of skills.
Closing date: 31 Aug 2022
Total hours per week: 39
Possible start date
01 Sep 2022
18 Jul 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Reporting to the Business Owner, duties will include:
- The procedures for the maintenance of tools and the workshop
- Routine servicing and inspection procedures
- Steering and suspension geometries; electrical circuit requirements and calculations
- Construction and operation of vehicle components and systems
- Common fault types, causes and effects of different types of faults
- The implications and legal requirements of fitting accessories and carrying out vehicle modifications
- How to diagnose faults using suitable fault-finding strategies
- Construction and operation of advanced electrical, braking and suspension systems, engine and transmission systems and engine and gear calculations
- Vehicle emissions and legal requirements
- Alternative fuels and hybrid and electric systems
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Vehicle Service and Maintenance Technician Level 3 Apprenticeship Standard delivered on a day release basis at our Olive Grove Campus in Sheffield.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Possibility of full-time employment subject to successful completion of Apprenticeship.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
About the employer
DCS SERVICING LTD
SHEFFIELD COLLEGE, THE
Heavy vehicle service and maintenance technician
Level 3 (A level)