Business Administrator Apprentice VIAMASTER INTERNATIONAL LTD
The role is to provide business administration support to Viamaster International Limited, with a core focus on the new customs processes. During your apprenticeship you will work primarily as part of the Operations Team, providing admin support to our load planners, other freight operators and also our accounts team.
Closing date: 15 Aug 2022
An hourly rate of £7.00
Total hours per week: 35.0
Possible start date
29 Aug 2022
13 Jul 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Checking client paperwork for correct information and declarations. Creation of customs entries with submission to HMRC via our IT platform
- Raising safety and security declarations to overseas customs authorities
- Answer telephone and email enquiries from potential and existing customers & suppliers. Take messages, to be passed to operations, administrative or commercial staff promptly as appropriate
- Carry out reception duties including greeting and assisting customers and visitors
- Take shipment bookings either by phone, fax, or email
- Entering data onto the freight management operating system, updating trailer planning records
- Produce various documents for clients, drivers, warehouse staff and internal use from templates / freight management system
- Support Viamaster International staff with administrative tasks including the creation of job files, printing, photocopying, filing and other general office duties
- Assisting the Operations team in obtaining documentation from clients and collection drivers, and providing delivery documentation to UK & International drivers
- Support the Operations team in gathering delivery information and vehicle locations from drivers, foreign sub-contract hauliers, third party freight forwarders and overseas partners in Italy, France, etc.
- Assist operations staff with measuring and photographing oversized or unusual cargo
- Assist the Finance team entering data onto the computerised system and other accounting tasks
- Where required, training will be provided in carrying out the duties listed above
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Business Administrator Level 3, delivered via monthly Tutor led workshops (live, virtual 3 – 5 hour sessions) self-led study and blending learning and development activities, all, within the workplace.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
As with any apprenticeship opportunity – if you prove yourself to be a valuable member of the team there is a strong chance of a permanent post within the business.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
CT SKILLS LIMITED
Level 3 (A level)