An exciting opportunity has become available for an apprentice Greenkeeper at Paulton's Golf Centre.
Closing date: 19 Aug 2022
£10,004.80 to £19,760.00
Total hours per week: 40
Possible start date
14 Sep 2022
13 Jul 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
We are looking to recruit an enthusiastic individual who has a desire to learn and be the best they can be. The role will involve on the job learning supported by Sparsholt College to achieve a Level 2 Qualification in Greenkeeping. Working closely with the Head greenkeeper and the team, the apprentice will be given a diverse range of tasks in being able to deliver a golf course set up, facilities management and machinery care. The individual must be versatile and keen to adapt in a weather dependant job. An eye for detail would also be of benefit.
You will be trained in:
- Cutting of greens, tee's fairways and approaches
- Bunker renovation
- Bunker maintenance
- Maintain drainage and irrigation systems
- Preparing and using equipment and machinery to maintain and renovate all turf surfaces within the golf course, including the use of tractors, ride on machines, and specialist equipment
- Preparing the golf course for play which will include removing early morning dew and debris from the greens, raking bunkers, moving tee markers, cutting new holes on greens
- Apply turf treatments to help produce quality playing surfaces, including fertilisers and top dressing
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Once you have completed your End Point Assessment you will have achieved a level 2 Apprenticeship Standard in Golf greenkeeping
The EPA consists of three distinct elements
- On line knowledge test
- A personal Statement
- Practical assessments
You will also have achieved you Pa1 Handling and Application of Pesticides Training
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
We are part of a large group and have a property portfolio of 3 golf course, there is an opportunity to progress based upon desire to learn and improve.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade C (3) or above) Essential
Other Driving License (Grade Full) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
Level 2 (GCSE)