To provide general ICT support to staff and students within the school, e.g. basic IT diagnosis and fix, undertaking routine maintenance of resources and equipment, support of common software packages and other general tasks under supervision This role is ideal for an individual with an interest in pursuing a career within the IT Support sector.
Closing date: 31 Aug 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
01 Sep 2022
19 Jul 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Install new software and hardware and perform basic diagnostic routines
- Set up and maintain equipment such as laptops, projectors, interactive whiteboards, sound systems and specialist equipment, ensuring that systems are ready for use with relevant security updates
- Support with common user issues
- Learn the importance of disaster recovery and how a disaster recovery plan works. Support the IT Manager to maintain this.
- Detect, diagnose and resolve most PC, printer and peripheral device faults
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Level 3 IT solutions technician apprenticeship standard
Training will focus on the knowledge, skills and behaviours required to fulfill the requirements of the apprenticeship standard.
Following successful completion of the standard will lead to qualified status and recognised for entry onto the BCS, The Chartered Institute for IT, Register of IT Technicians confirming level 3 professional competence. Those completing the apprenticeship can apply for registration.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Following the successful completion of this apprenticeship, there may be a full time, permanent position available.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent math (Grade C/4 or above) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
LET ME PLAY LIMITED
IT solutions technician
Level 3 (A level)