Are you looking to train in childcare? Friendly nursery in Amesbury, Wiltshire is looking for L2 (or L3) Nursery Apprentice to join their team.
Closing date: 11 Dec 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
12 Dec 2022
13 Jul 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
As a Nursery Apprentice, you will contribute to a high quality caring environment for children.
- Creating warm, friendly and stimulating atmosphere in which the children can develop emotionally, socially and educationally
- Under supervision you will provide all aspects of care for children including washing, changing and feeding
- Acting as key worker to a small group of children and recording observations and planning for them
- Assisting with meeting the personal and emotional needs of individual children
- Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children
- Being aware of the nurseries policies and procedures and ensure they are adhered to
- Completing all work to desired timescales as set by Showcase Tutor
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- NCFE/CACHE Level 2 Diploma for the Early Years Practitioner
- Functional Skills: English and Maths at level 1 minimum (unless exempt)
- End Point Assessment
If the candidate already holds a Level 2 in Childcare, the Level 3 Standard option is available (18 months)
Training completed via work based visits at the nursery and 3.75 hour study time provided for coursework.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Upon completing your L2/L3 Apprenticeship, you may be offered a full-time position and further training.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4 or C and above) Desired
NVQ or SVQ Level 2 or equivalent Early Years (Grade Pass) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
SHOWCASE TRAINING LTD
Early years practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.