Early Years Educator Level 3 Apprenticeship Anthony Church of England School
We are seeking an apprentice Early Years Educator for our Nursery class, to join our skilled TA team. Our ideal candidate for this role will have an enthusiasm for working with children and supporting them to thrive.
Closing date: 19 Aug 2022
Please note this is a term time only vacancy with an annual salary of £6,598.58
Total hours per week: 30
Possible start date
05 Sep 2022
13 Jul 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- To work with groups or individuals within the Nursery in all curricular areas under the direction of the Nursery Manager, in a variety of tasks to develop the physical, intellectual, emotional and social skills of the Early Years children.
- To assist with learning activities across the seven areas of learning.
- To develop children’s knowledge through support and encouragement in the learning activities undertaken within the class.
- To provide opportunities for children to work towards the Early Learning Goals.
- To carry out domestic duties such as tidying up, serving snacks, organising cooking activities and changing children.
- To help plan, prepare and set programmes of work and activities in cooperation with the Nursery Manager.
- To administer minor first aid (as trained), dispense medically prescribed controlled drugs in accordance with the school procedures (as trained) and to attend to children who are sick as necessary.
- To supervise and lead sessions.
- To undertake shared responsibility with all staff for the care and maintenance of equipment and resources.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
You will receive specific on the job training from the employer in your workplace at Antony School
Off the job training will be delivered using weekly classroom sessions or delivered remotely by the tutor using Google classroom as you work towards your Early Years Educator Level 3 qualification. You will develop knowledge and understanding of:
- The expected patterns of children’s development from birth to 5 years, and an understanding of further development from age 5 to 7
- The legal requirements and guidance on health and safety, security, confidentiality of information, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children
- How children’s learning and development can be affected by their stage of development and individual circumstances such as moving school, birth of a sibling, family breakdown and adoption and care
- How to prepare and support children through, transitions and significant events in their lives
You will also gain a certificate in First Aid.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
As an experienced nursery worker you could specialise in working with children who have difficulties with learning, physical disabilities, or need support with their mental health.
With a Level 3 Early Years Educator qualification you could progress to room leader, senior nursery worker or centre manager. You could also study towards a higher education qualification in early years or child development. You could then move into management or early years teaching.
Career options include Montessori teachers, special educational needs teacher, health play specialist or perhaps a nursery manager.
Earnings start at approximately, £14,000, as a qualified Health care specialist you could earn £30,000 or you could go into teaching and earn between 24,000 upto headteacher salary of £117,000.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade A-C/9-4) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
ACHIEVEMENT TRAINING LIMITED
Early years educator
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.