An exciting opportunity to develop and gain experience of working in an aerospace laboratory as part of a hard-working team, in the market-leading manufacturer of precision-engineered fastening system for the Aerospace Industry. We look forward to welcoming your application!
Closing date: 12 Aug 2022
33 days holiday including 8 bank holidays.
Total hours per week: 38
Possible start date
05 Sep 2022
02 Aug 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Mechanical and chemical testing
- Data Input
- Maintain Records
- Interpretation of results and notification of out of specification parameters
- Manual handling requirement including some heavy lifting work
- Other Laboratory Duties as Required
- Dimensional inspection of product
- Visual Inspection of product
- Sorting of product (mixed product or when visual observation on a portion of the product require 100% batch check
- Inspection equipment programming
- Supporting calibration activities
- Maintain records
- Support Other Laboratory duties as required
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Level 3 Apprenticeship Standard in Laboratory Technician
End-Point Assessment (EPA):
· Knowledge test
· Observation with questioning
· Structured Interview underpinned by a portfolio of evidence
· Some sessions delivered at Loughborough College
· Online portfolio to update with learning and development completed onsite
· Diarised visits from dedicated Trainer/Assessor
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
To become a Lab Technician.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.