Are you looking to train in childcare? Friendly, local nursery in Shirley, Southampton are looking for a L2 (or L3) Nursery Apprentice to join their team.
Closing date: 11 Dec 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.0
Possible start date
12 Dec 2022
12 Jul 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
As a Nursery Apprentice, you will contribute to a high quality caring environment for children.
- Creating warm, friendly and stimulating atmosphere in which the children can develop emotionally, socially and educationally
- Under supervision you will provide all aspects of care for children including washing, changing and feeding
- Acting as key worker to a small group of children and recording observations and planning for them
- Assisting with meeting the personal and emotional needs of individual children
- Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children
- Being aware of the nurseries policies and procedures and ensure they are adhered to
- Completing all work to desired timescales as set by Showcase Trainer
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- NCFE/CACHE Level 2 Diploma for the Early Years Practitioner
- Functional Skills: English and Maths at level 1 minimum (unless exempt)
- End Point Assessment
Training completed via work based visits at the nursery and 4 hour study time provided for coursework.
N.B. If the chosen candidate has a valid L2 Childcare qualification or sufficient experience in childcare, the L3 Standard will be offered on an 18 month basis.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Upon completing your L2/3 Apprenticeship, you may be offered a full time position and further training.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4/C) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
SHOWCASE TRAINING LTD
Early years practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.