Adult Care Worker Apprentice ADVANCED CARE YORKSHIRE LIMITED
This is a an extremely rewarding opportunity to learn the knowledge, skills and behaviours required to be an adult care worker. This is the best way to start a career in adult health care, where you will support staff members with providing the best support possible to customers in the community, catering to their every need.
Closing date: 12 Aug 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 35
Possible start date
17 Aug 2022
13 Jul 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- To follow specific care plans put in place by the organisation as agreed with the customer
- Building relationships with customers, being consistent with care provided
- To assist clients with their medication at the agreed level of support and as detailed in their Medication Care Needs Assessment
- To provide light general household domestic duties, including housework and laundry, as detailed in the care plan or instructed by management
- To take responsibility for the safe handling of property and equipment belonging to the client
- To maintain good communication and develop effective working relationships with clients including talking and listening to them about their interests
- To help the client to maintain contact with their family and friends
- To ensure as safe as possible the living environment for the client
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Upon completion of the apprenticeship, the successful applicant will achieve the Level 2 Adult Care Worker Apprenticeship Standard. There is no scheduled day release, but the applicant would be welcome to arrange attendance at the college to work with their skills coach in order to complete tasks where required.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Upon completion of the Level 2 course, there is an opportunity to progress to the level 3 lead adult care worker qualification, as well as the potential for full-time employment.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 3/D) Desired
About the employer
ADVANCED CARE YORKSHIRE LIMITED
Adult care worker
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.