District Sports are seeking to appoint an apprentice Sports Coach to join their team. The role will provide a unique opportunity to gain insight across a range of sports, from Basketball to Gymnastics, Football to Archery, Tennis to Dodgeball, or even something completely different! If you want to be more than just a coach, then join our team!
Closing date: 19 Aug 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30
Possible start date
05 Sep 2022
12 Jul 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Using your passion for sport, the role will involve delivering inspiring sports activities to young people; whilst also offering the opportunity to undertake further training and coaching qualifications. The role will additionally require some travel between schools and an independence in setting-up and developing sports provision. Furthermore, the post will also suit an individual with business acumen, who can help to support and develop the business into the future. If this sounds like the dream challenge for you then apply now and start your coaching journey through this fantastic opportunity!
The role will be varied and duties will include:
• To deliver exciting and engaging coaching sessions that enthuse young people from the outset
• Undertaking administrative tasks inclusive of registers, attendances and emailing schools/venues
• To develop the fundamental motor skills of young people to support their enjoyment, achievement and development
• Interacting with parents, relatives and venue staff in a professional manner at all times
• Setting up and clearing away activities, in addition to overseeing the maintenance of equipment
• Travelling to various local schools, clubs and activity centers
• Undertaking business development activities with a view to expanding the reach of the business moving forwards
Some flexibility will be required within this role, in addition to other generic duties as required.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Level 2 Community Activator Coach Appreticeship Standard - striving to provide the successful candidate with an overarching knowledge and understanding in how to support curriculum Physical Education sessions and wide sports provision.
Level 3 Award in Emergency Paediatric First Aid - as we believe PE and School Sport are the areas of the curriculum where you are most likely to need these skills.
Prevent Training Safeguarding Training Functional Skills in Maths and English (candidates with existing GCSE's in Maths and English at Grade C or above/equivalent will be exempt)
- Training will take place at Plymouth Argyle.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
This employer is very keen to progress all staff members through the unique training opportunities they offer and can host superb professional development opportunities within the sports coaching sector. Previous apprentices have been employed as full time members of staff and successful completion of the apprenticeship may lead onto the following qualifications:
• Level 4 Sports Coach Apprenticeship Standard
• Level 5 Primary School Physical Education Specialism
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Math (Grade 4-9 (A-C)) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
PLYMOUTH ARGYLE FOOTBALL IN THE COMMUNITY TRUST
Community activator coach
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.