Business Systems Apprentice HONEYWELL CONTROL SYSTEMS LIMITED
This is an exciting opportunity to join our business team, working in the supply chain function in a selection of areas, from material management, production scheduling to customer program management and a wide variety of tasks.
Closing date: 31 Aug 2022
Total hours per week: 37
Possible start date
05 Sep 2022
12 Jul 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Honeywell Aerospace is a leading global aviation supplier designing, manufacturing and distributing advanced electronic systems, products and services to commercial, defence and space industries. These new positions will involve some or all of the aspects below, the mix will depend upon the suitability of the candidate.
- Working in the supply chain function in a selection of areas, from material management, production scheduling to customer program management
- Supporting the shop floor by managing the release of WIP, ensuring material supply is on time, working with customers and senior leadership to improve business and enhance growth
- Being responsible for providing senior management team well written and oral presentations with necessary information and supporting analysis to make appropriate business decisions
- Close liaison with Forecast and sales order acceptance and change management
- Provide analysis and feedback to support improved customer performance
- Responsible for expediting in house and purchased parts to support shortage free and on time wip release
- Standard work execution of work order reschedules ensuring the allocation of parts to repairs meets the customer requirements
- Identifying root cause failure modes for future corrections
- Creation and maintenance of access data bases and production reporting systems to aid the factory in their daily life
- During the apprenticeship, you will experience the full spectrum of the supply chain in a global company.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
A Yeovil College Assessor will hold regular reviews every 4-6 week to guide through all requirements to complete the 18 month Apprenticeship. The apprentice will be guided & supported by the Assessor to build a portfolio of evidence including evidence of observations, professional discussions, work-based evidence and reflective accounts. You will also complete a project 9 months into the apprenticeship which is all part of the EPA process for the Business Administrator apprenticeship.
To help with the knowledge for the exam which is also part of the End Point Assessment process Yeovil College supplies a textbook which includes theory and activities and offers virtual workshops.
Yeovil College will also provide any Maths and English Functional skills if required.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
The future prospects at Honeywell are outstanding. This is a huge, global company and the opportunities are many and varied.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade C/4) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.