A rare opportunity to learn lean manufacturing / basic engineering skills within a small, local, friendly assembly team. We aim to support an enthusiastic, practical individual who is keen to progress through hands on experience, learning under supervision from our skilled, established fitters. Ideal for someone who enjoys mechanical engineering
Closing date: 19 Aug 2022
Ample free parking; free tea and coffee. Paid tea breaks. 25 days holiday plus public holidays annually (pro rata)
Total hours per week: 38.75
Possible start date
01 Sep 2022
14 Jul 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- assist in assembly of products following work instructions and using appropriate tools
- learn picking and packing and warehouse operations
- support the testing of built products following test procedures
- work to high quality industry standards (ISO; ATEX)
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Level 2 Apprentice in Lean Manufacturing - duration 1 year
- Working in our unit on the Chandler's Ford Industrial Estate
- Day release to Eastleigh College
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
On qualifying the successful apprentice may join our small, skilled team of fitters or become a warehouse operative dependant on vacancies.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
Lean manufacturing operative
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.