To work as part of the kitchen team at Sheffield City Hall ensuring that the set standards of the food that we offer are consistent and exceed the expectations of our customers. You will work closely with the in-house team and the casual chefs to learn from them, so that you and the department grows and constantly looks to improve on what we do.
Closing date: 29 Aug 2022
The salary per annum is £17,189.65 after 12 months until completion, £19,099.61 following completion of end point assessment.
Total hours per week: 37
Possible start date
05 Sep 2022
25 Jul 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
The responsibilities of this apprentice role will be conducted in line with the relevant academic learning and on the job work experience. It is expected the post holder will be able to undertake the following responsibilities by the end of their apprenticeship programme:
· Assist in the preparation of fresh food for catering events.
· Learn about food safety and hygiene, and its importance in a professional kitchen
· Assisting in the administration & record keeping side of the kitchen operation such as daily refrigeration temperature logs, cooked food temperature logs and delivery logs.
· Use of kitchen equipment in a safe way.
· Support the chefs with stock management from receiving deliveries through to waste management.
· Check food stocks, report on shortages, prioritise food that is close to expiry and keep the storage areas in good order.
· Assist in other areas of the catering department as and when required.
· Assist on food service sections and serving customers.
· Work and gain experience in all sections of the kitchen from vegetable preparation to pastry work.
· Contribute to reviewing and refreshing menus in line with business and customer requirements
· Deliver excellent customer service continuously pushing your skills, knowledge and resilience.
· Learn the basics of kitchen management as it’s an important aspect on us delivering events successfully.
· To work with other members of the F&B team from the Catering manager to events logistics assistants and help where possible to encourage a ‘one team’ approach to the department and venue.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
The Apprentice will undertake and complete the following qualifications as part of their training:
- Level 2 Commis Chef Apprenticeship Standard
- Functional Skills in Maths and English (if required)
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Potential full time employment after successful completion of this apprenticeship
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade a-d/9-3) Essential
About the employer
SHEFFIELD CITY TRUST
SHEFFIELD COLLEGE, THE
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.