Perfect role for someone looking to learn and develop their skills of cooking with fresh & seasonal ingredients. Passionate about food and looking to work at the top end of local hospitality. Opportunity to work in an award-winning Gastro Pub. Self-motivated to learn from a team of experienced chefs.
Closing date: 28 Aug 2022
Total hours per week: 40.0
Possible start date
15 Sep 2022
14 Jul 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Developing knowledge of all sections of the kitchen
- Learning key skill to be able to prepare fresh food from scratch.
- Basic knife skills
- Health & safety
- Working as a team during service periods
- Successfully maintaining kitchen cleanliness.
- You’ll be working along side the head chef who was previously the executive head chef at Marriot Hotels
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Commis Chef Level 2 - 12 months on programme plus 3 months end point assessment. Learn and understand how to carry out basic functions in every section of the kitchen.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Opportunity to be part of our full time team after the apprenticeship is finished. Good progression opportunity with option of developing into Chef de Partie role and beyond.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
NORTH WARWICKSHIRE AND SOUTH LEICESTERSHIRE COLLEGE
Level 2 (GCSE)