A great opportunity to become a key person that will take a 75-year established printing machine manufacturer into the future. Full print training will be provided by our team of print and engineering experts.
Closing date: 15 Aug 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37
Possible start date
01 Sep 2022
12 Jul 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Main duties and responsibilities will include:
- Learn how to become a Flexographic Printer
- Assist with machine demonstrations and print trials
- To manage and maintain demonstration area in terms of equipment, material and consumable supplies
- To assist and learn how to produce regular samples
- To assist in the creation of video marketing material
- Once trained, provide customer operator/print training
- To learn how to commission machines coming through production
- Preparation of and conducting machine FATs and/or SATs resulting in successful machine sign-off
- Liaising with Project Engineers to ensure all commissioning and FAT requirements are fully understood and preparations are in place (tooling, materials, consumables, etc.)
- Become competent in operating all equipment in the current Edale product range
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Upon successful completion of the apprenticeship, the qualification obtained will be a Level 3 Print Technician Apprenticeship Standard.
The apprentice will be given sufficient time to undertake their "off-the-job" requirement of the apprenticeship during their working hours.
Throughout your time as an apprentice, you will be supported by both Edale and BPIF Training. You will be assigned a training coordinator to ensure that you have the best training available. Training requirements will be discussed at the point of employment to suit your individual needs and business needs. Most training and studying will be a combination of site-based and remote delivery.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
On successful completion of the apprenticeship there will be possibility of a full-time position.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4/C or equivalent) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
BPIF TRAINING LIMITED
Level 3 (A level)