Level 3 Teaching Assistant Apprentice Thurlbear Church of England Primary School
Thurlbear Primary School have a career opportunity to work across Key stage 1 /2 classes. We are looking for an enthusiastic person who is passionate about supporting children to learn. Throughout your apprenticeship you will be supported by our friendly staff to achieve your Level 3 qualification.
Closing date: 26 Aug 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30
Possible start date
05 Sep 2022
12 Jul 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Assisting the class teacher with classroom management.
- Supporting learning activities as guided by the class teacher.
- Ensuring that all children attending the setting are kept safe and receive rich and stimulating play experiences appropriate to their age and stage of development.
- Assisting with the care and supervision of the children with regard to their physical, emotional and intellectual needs.
- Playing a part in their education, health and wellbeing and be able to build and maintain close working relationships with parents and colleagues.
- Inspiring, planning and creating learning activities for children under the EYFS curriculum including outdoor activities.
- To observe and keep an up to date record of achievement file on key children, for parents/carers, including learning logs and personal profiles.
- To respect the confidentiality of information received.
- To support all staff and actively engage as a positive member of the team.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- There will be a requirement to attend training 1 day a week on a rolling two-week timetable in Taunton or Dillington House in Ilminster.
- Level 3 Teaching Assistant apprenticeship standard.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Successful completion of the apprenticeship can lead to progression onto the Teaching Foundation Degree.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
Thurlbear Church of England Primary School
SOMERSET COUNTY COUNCIL
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.