Level 2 Intermediate Apprenticeship Pharmacy Services Assistant Edwalton Pharmacy
Edwalton Village Pharmacy, based in South Nottingham, is offering a hard-working and enthusiastic candidate an opportunity to start their career in the pharmaceutical health sciences sector as an Apprentice Pharmacy Services Assistant.
Closing date: 31 Aug 2022
Total hours per week: 40
Possible start date
01 Sep 2022
11 Jul 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Edwalton Pharmacy is a busy and friendly pharmacy based in Edwalton Village. The post holder will be a people person and demonstrate a welcoming and friendly approach when assisting customers on the counter. You will also assist the pharmacist in the dispensing of medication in the pharmacy.
If you are enthusiastic and willing to succeed in the pharmaceutical sector, this role is perfect for you. Main duties include:
- Assist in the sale of over the counter medicines
- Complete prescription receipt and collection
- Ordering, receiving and storing pharmaceutical stock
- Liaising with customers in all areas of sales, including specialised products providing a highly personalised approach
- Managing stock levels, replenishing and cleaning sales areas
- Receive and store incoming supplies, verify quantities against orders and inform supervisor of stock needs and shortages
- Assisting future sales and maximum profits, by the analysing of seasonal trends and product selection
- Processing payments of various kinds, using the till, including handling of credit/debit cards, cheques and accounts
- Assisting in the reconciliation of the till at the end of each shift/or following day if requested to do so by the manager
- Ensuring standards for quality, customer service and health and safety are met
- Maintaining awareness of market trends and advertising, updating sales display areas
- Dealing with sales as and when required, serve customers showing high standards of customer care at all times, providing a helpful and friendly service, in order to maximise sales
- To utilise specialist product knowledge when required
- To maintain a clean and tidy working environment
- To complete compulsory training as required
- To carry out other duties which naturally fall within the reasonable expectations of the role
This apprenticeship is work based learning therefore you will be working at the employer's address and will not need to attend college
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
This apprenticeship is work based learning therefore you will be working at the employer's address and will not need to attend college.
Pharmacy Services Assistant Level 2 - https://www.instituteforapprenticeships.org/apprenticeship-standards/pharmacy-services-assistant-v1-0
Functional Skills up to Level 2 in English and maths if required.
Please note that the apprenticeship standards require the apprentice to sit an End Point Assessment.
Please refer to the above link for more information.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Possible ongoing employment as Pharmacy Services Assistant on the completion of the apprenticeship.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
Nottingham College Apprenticeship Team
Pharmacy services assistant
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.