Apprentice Information Communications Technician IPSWICH COMPUTER SERVICES LTD
The role is within the support team alongside current senior engineers, we have 8 engineers covering over 150 customers and you have the opportunity to get involved with an array of jobs from desktop issues to enterprise servers. You will get first-hand experience in cloud technologies, cyber security and project planning and installations.
Closing date: 31 Aug 2022
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
05 Sep 2022
11 Jul 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
· To provide 1st Line support via Telephone and remote software to customers
· Diagnosing and resolving where possible or escalating accordingly
· Update company systems, opening/closing and following up on events/jobs.
· Managing Customer IT documentation
· To proactively be aware of security and compliance and raising issues where appropriate
· To undertake any other related duties consistent with the post as directed by management
Although these are not exhaustive day-to-day tasks each day is different and you will be working in a support department alongside all levels of support engineer.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
The apprentice will complete the Information Communications Technician Level 3 qualification.
Functional Skills Level 2 for Maths and English are also available to take alongisde the apprenticeship.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
We would be looking to keep the apprentices on as full-time engineers should they complete the program. On completion a job offer would be made with a review of pay and responsibilities along with future path within the company.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade Level 2/C/4) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
W S TRAINING LTD.
The Apprenticeship Team
Information communications technician
Level 3 (A level)