Goods In/Out Warehouse Operative Apprentice Apt Powerdrive
To support Company’s assembling and product storage activities across the warehouse; workshop and despatch areas.
Closing date: 30 Aug 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40
Possible start date
10 Sep 2022
11 Jul 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Receiving consignments of goods (bulk palletised shipments and small parcels)
· Loading and unloading vehicles
· Unpacking and checking deliveries against delivery paperwork in the Goods Inwards Area
· Checking deliveries for accuracy and damages against purchase orders and reporting discrepancies
· Correctly putting away stock in stores within the racking and shelving system (using FIFO methodology where applicable)
· Assisting the team of Assembly Fitters by picking (manual and with the use of FLT) components according to Picking List and Bill of Materials
· Shelf replenishment (by moving stock from overflow locations)
· Organising goods quarantine; obsolete stock and scrap management
· Setting and monitoring re-order level quantities of selected items and producing low-stock/replenishment reports
· Labelling of stock and upkeep of stock location system
· Assisting in scheduled stock take and random spot checks
· To foster constructive and collaborative working relationships with workmates and management team
· To keep stores clean and tidy
· At times other duties as dictated by business needs
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Level 2 Lean Manufacturing Operative.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Possible employment after completion of apprenticeship.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Mathematics (Grade (Grade C/4)) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
CITY OF WOLVERHAMPTON COLLEGE
Lean manufacturing operative
Level 2 (GCSE)