Computer Aided Design Apprentice BALCO BALCONY SYSTEMS LTD
To assist the Balco UK Sales team with CAD drawings. Fantastic opportunity to be part of a growing UK business, with strong links to headquarters and in-house production facilities in the Småland city of Växjö in southern Sweden. We also have subsidiaries in Norway, Denmark, Finland, the UK, Germany, Poland and the Netherlands.
Closing date: 18 Aug 2022
Total hours per week: 38
Possible start date
07 Sep 2022
02 Aug 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Supporting Director of UK Sales in activity with key clients
- Learning how to produce accurate designs
- The levitate balcony system will be main project work initially
- Working mainly with new-build sector
- Use of design platform INVENTOR (similar to SOLIDWORKS)
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Level 3 Apprenticeship Standard in Engineering Design and Draughtsperson (Diploma Tech Cert):
• Edexcel Level 3 Diploma in Engineering
• EAL Level 3 NVQ Extended Diploma in Engineering Technical Support
• EAL Level 2 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Foundation Competence) - Non Mandatory
• Level 2 Functional Skills in English & Maths (If required, exemptions apply)
Delivery is face to face, once a week at our Bridgwater campus.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Professional registration is subject to candidates successfully completing this apprenticeship and undergoing professional review.
Opportunity to work full-time within design team.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4/C) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
BALCO BALCONY SYSTEMS LTD
BRIDGWATER AND TAUNTON COLLEGE
Engineering design and draughtsperson
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.