The Nursery Cook Apprentice will predominantly work with the Nursery Chef in the kitchen, supporting with preparing and serving meals to the children. They will also support the Nursery Team where required. Supporting the Early Years Educators and Nursery Assistants with the day to day running of the childcare aspect of the nursery provision.
Closing date: today
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
05 Sep 2022
08 Jul 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Duties will include, but will not be limited to;
- Assisting the Nursery Chef in serving good quality nutritious food in a clean and welcoming environment keeping children at the heart of the service.
- To ensure compliance with Health & Safety and all food regulations.
- Where required, support within the Nursery and deliver the highest quality care and education for all children to achieve and maintain an Outstanding Ofsted judgement.
- Any other duties deemed suitable by the Nursery Manager.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
You will receive the following training in addition to the Apprenticeship Standard:
- In-house induction training (with all nursery staff including, data protections, safeguarding children and young people, fire safety)
- First Aid Training
- In-house training on all company policies and procedures.
- Apprenticeship Standard in Production Chef Level 2
- Location of training will be in the workplace
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Employment and progression within the organisation may be possible upon successful completion of the apprenticeship.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade A*/9 – C/4) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
YMCA Newark & Sherwood
Learner Engagement Team
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.