Join our well-established training program, supporting both academic and on the job training. Develop the skills and knowledge to be able to produce components and tooling on a variety of both manual and CNC machines whilst supporting all areas of the business.
Closing date: 31 Aug 2022
£15,000 - £16,000 dependent on age. 28 days holiday plus bank holidays.
Total hours per week: 37.0
Possible start date
05 Sep 2022
08 Jul 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Work alongside experienced engineers to produce components. /tooling using a range of machines to the required quality.
- Learn grinding and balancing techniques and to be able to select correct tooling for each specific job.
- Ability to use computers and software to aid manufacture
- Develop, learn and achieve continuous improvement.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- L3 Apprenticeships Standard in Engineering Fitter
- L3 BTEC Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Development Technical Knowledge)
- L2 Diploma in Engineering Operations (Skills)
End-Point Assessment (EPA):
- Work based project- To assess the apprentice’s knowledge, skills and behaviours in a way that closely relates to their day-to-day responsibilities.
- Multiple choice test – To determine the apprentice’s depth of understanding in the knowledge elements of the Apprenticeship.
- Professional discussion – to holistically assess KSBs across the standard and will be informed by reflective portfolio.
Currently delivered one day per week (Term Time Only) at Loughborough College.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Continue your development to grow into a key member of Machine Shop production team and progress your career into the wider business. Skilled Machinist leading to possible role in to Manufacturing Engineering.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.