Apprentice Receptionist - Chester Road Surgery CHESTER SURGERY
Offer general assistance to the Practice team and project a positive, professional and friendly image to patients and other visitors, either in person or via the telephone
Closing date: 02 Sep 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
15 Sep 2022
08 Jul 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Duties and Responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities to be undertaken by members of the Practice reception team may include any or all of the items in the following list. Duties may be varied from time to time under the direction of the Senior receptionist/Practice Manager, dependent on current and evolving Practice workload and staffing levels:
- Maintaining and monitoring the Practice appointments system
- Processing personal and telephone requests for appointments, visits and telephone consultations and ensuring callers are directed to the appropriate healthcare professional
- Processing and distributing incoming (and outgoing) mail
- Taking messages and passing on information
- Filing and retrieving paperwork
- Processing repeat prescriptions in accordance with Practice guidelines
- Computer data entry/data allocation and collation; processing and recording information in accordance with Practice procedures
- Initiating contact with and responding to requests from patients, other team members and associated healthcare agencies and providers
- Providing clerical assistance to Practice and other staff as required from time to time, including data processing, filing, photocopying and scanning
- Ordering, re-ordering and monitoring of stationery and other supplies
- Keeping the waiting area, notice-boards and leaflet dispensers tidy and free from obstructions and clutter
- Dealing with delegated administration tasks
- Dealing with payments from patients
- Data input and emailing of referral forms
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Business Administrator Level 3 Standard
Training will be all at Employers Premises
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
The possibility of full time employment on the successful completion of the apprenticeship
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 9-4 or A*-C) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
CITY OF SUNDERLAND COLLEGE
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.