Administration Apprentice in Adult Learning Craven College
To support the Adult Learning team with the day to day administration of all adult learning delivery. To support with delivering a professional customer focussed service with positive promotion of the college.
Closing date: 31 Aug 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37
Possible start date
05 Sep 2022
07 Jul 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- To provide high quality general administrative support, including word processing, spreadsheets, databases, photocopying, filing and record keeping;
- To support the administration of all part time adult courses, including telephone and email enquiries, enrolments, course paperwork, feedback and certificates.
- To provide full and current information and advice to all customers and other contacts in a clear and professional manner, focussing on delivering quality customer service at all times and promote the services and facilities of the College in a positive manner;
- To provide effective and professional communications with students by letter, email and phone;
- To liaise with cross-college staff, customers, employers and outside agencies as required;
- Using management information systems to process and gather data for reporting purposes;
- To assist in the monitoring and tracking of learner performance and progress towards achievement, raising any issues with Adult Learning team colleagues;
- To support with marketing of courses and sharing successes through social media campaigns;
- To support wider project administration as directed by the team;
- To organise day-to-day work activities in order to meet pre-determined deadlines;
- To participate in regular team meetings and personally contribute to the development and promotion of the College;
- To work safely adhering to the College’s Health and Safety policy and procedures;
- You will be expected to be fully conversant with and implement the College’s range of safeguarding policies and procedures, to ensure the health, safety and welfare of all learners
- To work flexibly and effectively as part of the team;
- To participate in the College’s Appraisal scheme and undergo further professional
development in line with the needs of the College;
- Any other duties commensurate with grade and status as may reasonably be requested.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
This is an Advanced Apprenticeship in Business Administration (Level 3).
It will involve a combination of on and off the job training in the workplace.
You will have monthly mentoring and guidance at work from a Craven College Learning & Development Advisor alongside weekly college attendance in Skipton.
After 18 months you will be entered to undertake an End Point Assessment, to complete your Apprenticeship.
The End Point Assessment will comprise of a Project, a Knowledge Test, and a Presentation/Interview with the assessor.
More information on course content and assessment methods will be discussed at interview.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Follow completion of the apprenticeship, you will get the chance to apply for opportunities within the college.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4 or above) Essential
About the employer
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.