Vehicle Accident Repair Technician Apprenticeship - Kent AUTO BODY LANGUAGE LIMITED
Do you want a dynamic and exciting career in the automotive industry? ABL 1touch are offering a fantastic opportunity for an Apprentice Accident Repair Technician to join their busy bodyshop in Waltham Cross. Learning how to provide industry leading repair services to clients and provide them with support during the repair process.
Closing date: 06 Sep 2022
Holiday Entitlement (Min 20 days + 8 bank holidays or 28 days)
Total hours per week: 40.0
Possible start date
07 Sep 2022
07 Jul 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
The comprehensive programme provides you with an exciting and challenging opportunity to achieve formal qualifications through extensive training, while in full-time employment.
A Multi-Skilled Vehicle Accident Repair Technician repairs all elements of a vehicle after it has taken some type of collision damage. This will involve learning the skills required to take an accident damaged vehicle through various stages of repair to the pre-accident condition.
These fall into three main areas of skills training:
· MET-Mechanical, Electrical & Trim. Candidates will learn to remove and refit processes of all main vehicle systems including air conditioning, vehicle alignment and Hybrid & Electric vehicle systems.
· Panel-repair. Candidates will learn to repair bodywork by replacing panels, filling defects and carrying out techniques such as welding, bond and riveting and correcting misalignment.
· Paint-surface repair. Candidates will learn how to prepare surfaces and carry out paint refinishing through the following techniques: sealing, masking, priming, application of base coat & lacquer, repairing defects and polishing.
Duties will include:
- Accurately and skilfully undertake all aspects of the motor vehicle body repair.
- Detect and diagnose any additional faults for further repair.
- Working under direct supervision at all times to achieve full competence and qualification.
- Ensure all work is completed safely and complies with manufacturer and British Standard industry guidelines
- Any other ad hoc duties and when required
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
The current National Minimum Wage (NMW) rate for apprentices is £4.81 per hour. This is the legal minimum pay per hour applying to 16-18 year old apprentices and those aged 19 and over in the first year of their apprenticeship. For apprentices 19 or over who have completed their first year and are continuing their apprenticeship, the National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies.
- Please note that anyone under the age of 18 will only work a maximum of 40 hours per week. Any role that exceeds these hours on advert will be amended accordingly to fall in line with the legislation.
- Please note if the successful applicant is found prior to the closing date the vacancy maybe withdrawn early.
- This apprenticeship is work based learning therefore most of the time you will be working at the employer’s address.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Upon successful completion of apprenticeship, the role holder will continue to develop their skills and abilities through ongoing continuous improvement, with the potential to develop career opportunities and earnings potential in line with their productivity
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4/C or above) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
Accident repair technician
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.