PE Teaching Assistant Apprentice at Lapage Primary school Lapage Primary School
Nurture Academies Trust requires a PE Teaching Assistant at Lapage Primary School. This is a fantastic opportunity especially suited to ambitious and enthusiastic people interested in furthering their skills and becoming part of a growing Trust
Closing date: 22 Aug 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 32.5
Possible start date
05 Sep 2022
07 Jul 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
As an apprentice you will be required to:
Have an interrest in teaching PE to primary school-aged children and an interest in making a difference to the lives of our pupils
Feel passionate about the promotion of a healthy lifestyle and the reduction of childhood obesity through a varied offering of PE activities as part of the curriculum and outside of school hours
Have high aspirations for all pupils and are able to easily engage with them
Possess a nurturing approach to dealing with children, including those who are in crisis
Have a growth mindset and a positive attitude
Show enthusiasm to be part of our dedicated and hardworking team
SUPPORT FOR THE TEACHER
- Work with subject teachers to plan a differentiated curriculum.
- Work with subject teachers and form tutors to ensure supported lessons providing differentiated material for all students.
- Support students’ learning in consultation with teachers during lessons.
- Assist staff in the acquisition and preparation of resources which will facilitate wider inclusion for all students.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Teaching Assistant Level 3 Apprenticeship Standard.
- L2 Functional Skills in Maths and English if required.
- Weekly day release at Shipley College on a Thursday.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
As well as ensuring full competency as a Teaching Assistant, this standard provides a foundation for potential progression into a number of career paths in the Educational sector including Teaching Assistant, Cover, Supervisor, Higher Level Teaching Assistant and Teacher.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4+, A-C or L2 equivalent) Desired
Other any sport or coaching qualification. (Grade Pass) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.